The Cambodian Center for Independent Media (CCIM) is a media development organization engaged in the following activities: producing radio and online programs; media reporting on news websites and social media platforms; training of journalists and aspiring journalists, promotion and training on media and information literacy; training and networking with citizen journalists, and advocacy on media-related rights.
Position : Department Assistant
Location : Phnom Penh
Work Status : Full Time
Report to : Project Coordinator
The Department Assistant is primarily responsible in providing support to assigned department. The support shall be defined based on the plans of the respective projects
- Assist in the planning and implementation of specific projects’ activities to achieve agreed
- Assist in delivery of project’s events in coordination with relevant stakeholders
- To record the incident of journalists
- To record the court management cases
- Check that the implementation of activities is done in line with the projects proposal rationale and indicators
- Propose recommendations for project management improvement based on lessons learnt from the projects’ day to day implementation
- Maintains and updates project documents in the appropriate data base
- Join meeting with NGOs partners
- To organize the meeting with NGOs, lawyers and journalists
- Assist in complying administrative and financial requirements in the implementation of activities to guarantee CCIM accountability to its stakeholders
- Elaborate administrative and other supportive documents such as meeting minutes, meeting attendance forms, invitation letters, partners and target groups contact details listing, etc.)
- Assist in managing the projects’ budgets including basic financial reports
- Translate document from English to Khmer and Khmer to English
- Book venues and annexed service when events are conducted outside the office
- Perform other tasks as required by the supervisor and relevant senior management team members.
- Cambodian national. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor graduate
- At least 1 year of experience in non-government organizations and other civil society groups;
- Ability to communicate effectively with various types of personalities;
- Ability to communicate in spoken and written English language is an advantage;
- Ability to work with team and can handle different personalities
- Working knowledge on Ms Office applications, graphic software, and other internet applications
- Sound understanding of Cambodian Context in terms of human rights, freedom of expression, access to information, and media landscape
- Sound understanding of gender and willingness to promote gender equality and women empowerment both within CCIM and through its project
- A passionate and energetic team member with a genuine interest in working to develop independent and professional media, promote human rights and democratic governance
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV, current photo and cover letter with salary expectation to [email protected]. Closing dates for submission of applications is on 20 February 2022 at 5PM. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and contacted for interview. Application documents received will not be returned. Interviews will be held at CCIM office at #14A, St. 392, BKK1, Phnom Penh.