The Cambodian Center for Independent Media (CCIM) is a media development organization engaged in the following activities: producing radio and online programs; media reporting on news websites and social media platforms; training of journalists and aspiring journalists, promotion and training on media and information literacy; training and networking with citizen journalists, and advocacy on media-related rights.
Position : Project Officer
Location : Phnom Penh
Work Status : Full Time
Report to : Project Coordinator
The Project Officer is responsible on project activities for CCIM.
- Prepare annual plan for CCIM, with clear plan and indicator
- Initiate drafting of statements on incident and issues under the mandate of CCIM
- Facilitate meeting with NGOs both national, regional and international related to media issues and Freedom of Expression,
- Leading and facilitate the events that co-organize by Cambodian civil society,
- Monitor and analyse incident of journalists at risk, issues and events in Cambodia, such as trials or monitoring the cases related to journalists.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with local and international organisations and partners, including representing CCIM to external stakeholders in meetings and other events;
- Conduce survey or assessment related to journalists
- Prepare the activities report for the supervisor
- Facilitate with international partners to conduce Fact-finding missions to document freedom of press or media may be necessary;
- Cambodian nationality. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree related to human rights, media and communication, social science of project management or a related field is required, a bachelor degree in these areas in an advantage;
- At least 3 years of successful experience in advocacy in the human rights field, media development
- Good skills in writing advocacy statement and project report;
- Proficient English speaker and capable of listening, writing and reading in English
- Strong Leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to manage sensitive issues with various stakeholders while motivating others;
- Ability to manage staff to meet work goals, tights deadlines and competing priorities within a multi-cultural environment
- Good communication skills and relations with other journalists;
- Wider understanding of social issues and Cambodian context in terms of media independency as well as rights to freedom of expression and access to information;
- Able to work flexible hour such as overtime, on roster, on holiday or on weekend, and travel to the provinces; and
- A passionate and energetic team member with a genuine interest in working to develop independent and professional media, promote human rights and democratic governance.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV, current photo and cover letter with salary expectation to [email protected]. Closing dates for submission of applications is on 22 May 2022 at 5PM. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and contacted for interview. Application documents received will not be returned. Interviews will be held at CCIM office at #14A, St. 392, BKK1, Phnom Penh.